How to Submit Your Podcast to Apple Podcasts
Submitting your podcast to Apple allows your audience and all Apple users to easily find and listen to your podcast. Podomatic allows you to submit your podcast with just one click! As soon as your podcast meets the system requirements such as, filling out your show information and publishing your first episode, you simply click the submit button in your settings and your podcast will appear on Apple.
Before You Submit
Apple's system takes images, show descriptions, episode titles and descriptions from your podcast aggregator, or your hosted feed. Your podcast must include accurate and relevant metadata to be featured in Apple's catalog and searched.
- Podcast title
- Episode title
- Explicit / Not explicit
Apple Technical Specifications
- RSS feed address
- Bitrate quality: 128 kbps (recommended)
- File format: MP3, flac & wav (M4A is not recommended. If one episode has this format your podcast may be disabled)
- Artwork: upload a square cover image, PNG, 1400x1400 pixels
Submit to Apple
- Select the “Settings” option from the “Manage” tab on your home screen.
- Select the “Directories” tab.
- Click “Submit to Apple Podcasts” button
- Sign in to Podcast Connect using your Apple ID
- Click the + sign in the top left and click New Show
- Select Add a show with RSS feed
- Paste your Podomatic RSS Feed URL and Add
- Complete TOS and Contact info and click Save
- Wait for Feed to be Validated then Click “Submit for Review”
After you submit, your podcast should be available in the Apple directory in less than 24 hours if your podcast has been approved.