Australia’s own Guinness World Record winning DJ 2GD (aka 2GreenDollars) has kicked some serious goals in his 3 decade international career and has just returned to Australia after appearing at one of the biggest events in the world, the 2014 FIFA World Cup. On his schedule in the coming years is an appearance at the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio, and opening the mega Video Game pop up stadium concept, Meyla Flytte, in Malaysia.
Not merely a DJ/VJ, the master performer/producer (real name Anthony Chidiac), wears many hats (or headphones?) and is one of the world’s pioneers in music and video technology.
He has been described in international press as ‘the world’s most accomplished party anchor’ and ‘the game changer of the entertainment industry’. Ranked ‘Top 30’ in the ‘World’s most influential DJs’, and #1 in ‘The most influential Video DJs of all time’.
• Averaging 25 million plays online year upon year (from combined sites) making him one of the world’s most ‘played’ DJs, 2009 - present.
• Performances in front of hundreds of thousands of party-goers all over the world at major events. Not to mention appearances at famous international clubs going way back, from New York’s Palladium, Studio 54 in Las Vegas and the original Roxbury in LA (to name a few).
• Produced the world’s first DVD in real time at the launch of Windows XP (for Bill Gates in front of an audience of 17,000). A decade later, Windows XP is still the world’s most used operating system.
• An innovator of concert technology delivering 3D naked eye holography. Not to mention building and utilising the largest screen in the world (10 stories) to play back music video, all synced with live acts and indoor pyrotechnics (MGM Grand Macau, 3 years running).
• Guinness World Record holder for the longest Video DJ marathon (25 plus hours if you don’t mind, and still current!)
• Invited by Sony Pictures to appear at the Hollywood Premiere of Michael Jackson’s This Is It Theatrical release in 2009, resulting in a kicking 1 hour video and audio ‘mega-medley’ plus an invite back to anniversary events. He has also performed at Michael Jackson album launches for Sony Music worldwide and the Michael Jackson game for Ubisoft.
• Recognised as one of the world’s pioneers of Digital Audio and recordable DVD technology.
• The only Australian finalist in Yahoo's ‘Best Internet Café in the world’ comp, where he decked out an old building to emulate the inside of a 747.
• Producer of uber view ‘catch up video’ site: vdomixx.com and previously Turn It Up!, a syndicated music TV show (promoting American R&B) that peaked with an audience of 88 million (for four of its episodes). It was the first non-animated series to utilise cutting edge technology and techniques that were primarily for animation studios. It was also the first music show to be streamed online (in August 2000).
Whether it’s Chart Hits, Dance, R’n’B, 80’s, 90’s, 00’s and Latin, 2GD’s got you covered. Check out his remix lootbag, carving up some big numbers officially for some big wigs including Madonna, Janet Jackson, Kylie Minogue, Gloria Estefan, the Village People, Pretty Poison, Shanice, and Brandy.